Unlike many of the warranties we are sold, roofing warranties sold by Salem roofing companies can provide buyers with a great deal of benefit.
With many of the purchases we make, we are offered warranties to protect our purchases. Deep down, we all know that warranties are another profit point for companies, because they play the numbers game. Some customers will make claims against their warranties, but the majority will not. When it comes to roofing warranties, we have found that it’s better to be safe than sorry. The same might not be true for a TV or other consumer electronics, because their replacement cost is much lesser than that of a roof.
When you’re evaluating a roofing warranty, consider the following:
- What is the coverage, and what are the conditions? Are both the replacement products and labor covered, or just one?
- Is the warranty transferable, for example, in the case of selling your home?
- Are proactive repairs covered, like cracking in materials that haven’t resulted in a leak yet?
- Are there restrictions on the work you can either do or have done on your roof? For example, are you required to use a certified contractor when you need any roof work?
- How long will the warranty last before expiring, and are you allowed to purchase the warranty down the road, or must it be purchased along with the job?
Be sure to take a look at this other article we wrote on roofing warranty evaluation.
If your roof gives you problems, the repair or replacement costs can be extremely high– often higher than homeowners have budgeted for. A warranty can give home and business owners the peace of mind they need, because it’s one less thing to worry about in the case of a home-related emergency. We have found that, while some warranties can be a waste of money, roofing warranties are often very worthwhile.
Slate & Slate Roofing is a certified and preferred Salem roofing contractor with both GAF and CertainTeed, amongst others. As a preferred contractor, we can provide some of the best warranties in the business to our customers. For more information on roofing warranties or a free roofing estimate in Salem, give us a call today at (503) 585-2338.