Should I hire a Salem roofing company for roof repairs or a full replacement? Here are some general rules to consider.
This is one of the questions that we are asked most frequently by customers, “Should I continue to repair my roof, or should I simply replace it?” This is a very important decision when it comes to roofs in Salem. Oregon is a very rainy state, and small damage can quickly grow, which tends to increase the cost of repairs substantially. There’s not really a one-size fits all answer to this question, but here are some simple guidelines to help you make this decision.
As a rule of thumb, you should consider repairs first if:
- You cannot afford to replace your roof. Keep in mind, we offer a favorable roofing financing option to help make a more manageable payment plan for our customers.
- A storm has come by and caused minor damage that is visible from the outside of your home.
- You can see a small number of shingles, tile, or other roofing materials missing from your roof.
- There is a very small leak, which can easily be located and hasn’t been allowed to grow for long.
- You haven’t had to make many other repairs to your roof yet.
- There are small water spots forming on your ceiling tiles.
It is also important to note that if repairs need to be made, they should be made quickly before more damage is done to your roof or the inside of your home.
Here are some signs that you should consider a complete roof replacement:
- You have made numerous repairs and don’t feel confident in your roof (nobody needs the stress that something could go wrong at any time).
- Multiple leaks have started to form throughout your roof.
- Your previous roofing contractor neglected to install eave metal flashing.
- You see water spots forming on ceiling tiles in several different areas in your home.
- Your roofing material is starting to curl up.
- You notice many missing shingles (or other roofing materials)
- If you’re looking for a more environmentally friendly roof that will save you money on utilities over time.
Just as it’s important to make repairs to your roof quickly after it is damaged, it is important to replace your roof quickly. You want to limit the amount of damage that has been done. Problems can quickly grow, which can end up costing hundreds, if not thousands of dollars more if more significant structural or decking damage is done.
If you’re in need of roof repairs or replacement roofing in Salem, Oregon and surrounding areas, give us a call today for a free estimate at (503) 585-2338. We can also advise your specific situation once we see the damage for ourselves.