Adding a second layer to your roof will cost you more in the long-term. Avoid Salem commercial roofing contractors who offer to re-cover your commercial roof to save you money upfront.
There are several things in the roofing industry that make us cringe when we see them. One of those things is when a commercial property owner opts to re-cover their roof rather than tearing off and re-roofing it. All legitimate, quality commercial roofing contractors in Salem and surrounding areas will agree with us on this one. We understand that sometimes homeowners cannot afford to tear-off and re-roof their homes (although, they should consider our roofing financing to help with the cost). However, for businesses, a quality roof should almost always be in the budget unless there is an extreme going-concern.
If your company is really in a budget pinch, immediately start saving and consider if repairs could prolong your current roof’s life until a full commercial roofing job is in the budget. You can also consider the season and likeliness of precipitation. If it’s in the middle of a dry summer and you’re considering roof replacement, it can probably wait. Commercial roof repair should be considered when the roof is in good shape by-and-large, but has a few trouble spots.
Some of the reasons you should never apply the “band-aid” fix that is a re-cover are as follows:
- Replacing the roof fully grants vision of the roof’s decking. If there are sheets of plywood or insulation materials that are wet, damaged, or not up to standard, it is important to know this and to be able to resolve it. Fixing insulation problems can save your company thousands of dollars each year.
- It will allow you to reap the full rewards of an eco-friendly flat roof without any sacrifices in efficiency.
- The maintenance costs will be lower, which will save you money in the long run, as you will need less roof repairs.
- You will get the longest life out of a new commercial roof.
- Many of our commercial roofing materials come with warranties that only cover re-roofing projects.
Slate & Slate Roofing is one of the top commercial roofing contractors in the state of Oregon and has been awarded many honors by suppliers like IB Roofing Systems, GAF, and CertainTeed. If you want your Salem commercial roofing project done right, don’t hesitate to give us a call today for an estimate at (503) 585-2338 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org