We talk about roof repair, common contractor mistakes, and simple maintenance a lot on this blog. Salem roofing companies are often asked to help install other solutions like gutters and skylights too! Today, we want to mix things up and talk about some of the benefits to installing skylights on your Salem home. Keep in mind as you read this, Slate & Slate Roofing installs high quality CrystaLite skylights on request.
- Skylights can reduce energy consumption by providing access to natural lighting where artificial light was previously required. Some customers report energy savings of up to 10% per year!
- They allow more access to Vitamin D from the sun’s rays. In Salem, Oregon and surrounding areas, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is a very common occurrence, because many people don’t get enough sunlight. Vitamin D is good for the immune system, and natural sunlight is great for combating the negative, depressing effects of SAD.
- They can also prevent or slow the growth of mold and mildew. Where are these things most commonly found? Dark, damp places. Sunlight has been proven to slow or prevent the growth of these harmful organisms.
- Skylights can also make you eligible for energy efficiency tax credits!
- They allow access to natural lighting and views outside without sacrificing in privacy like normal wall windows do. With many homes being packed closely together, privacy is a growing concern among homeowners.
- For business owners, research has shown that workers will be happier and more productive if they have access to natural light in their working environment!
If you’re looking for an affordable way to invest in improving your home or business’ energy efficiency and increasing access to natural sunlight, a skylight is a great consideration for your home or business.
Give us a call today at (503) 585-2338 to discuss how a skylight could benefit your home and family or your business and employees. We’ll be happy to provide you with a free quote and consultation.