The natural look is very popular in Oregon, and cedar shake roofing in Salem is a great way to achieve that natural look in a practical way.
Cedar shake roofing in Salem is very popular in certain neighborhoods for its luxurious look. Despite its natural luxury, cedar shake roofs actually give homeowners great value for their money. In addition to looking great, cedar shake roofs can last a very long time and withstand Oregon’s climate with pretty minimal maintenance. Here are our five favorite aspects of cedar shake roofing:
- It can last 30-40 years. This is longer than the expected lifespan of a composition roof. With proper maintenance and depending on what it’s exposed to, these roofs are some of the more durable roofs out there. While they may cost a bit more upfront, getting up to double the lifespan of a composition roof along with the natural luxurious look and feel of cedar might give cedar shakes more value for the money than composition roofs for some home or business owners.
- Cedar shakes have a natural insulating property. With heating and cooling costs on the rise again, many homeowners are looking for ways to cut costs on energy bills. Cedar wood naturally helps insulate your home, which means you can cut back on furnace and air conditioning use inside of your home.
- Cedar shakes are stable in their structure. Different roofing materials change shapes and sizes over time thanks to the freeze-thaw cycle, moisture, and sun exposure. No material is immune to these effects, but cedar roofing materials are much more resistant to them than other roofing materials are known to be.
- Resistance to impact and fungi. Cedar itself is known as a durable and strong wood. This helps protect your roof from hail and falling debris impact damage. Additionally many coatings are available that can protect your cedar roof from fungi, algae, and other unwanted organisms.
- Cedar shake roofs just look nice. Many homeowners place heavy emphasis on the look and feel of their roof when hiring a Salem roofing contractor, and we agree that it is an important factor. Having a good looking roof can add to your home’s curb appeal, and thus help boost your resale value and speed of sale when it comes time to sell your home.
If you’re looking for a wood shake roofing company in Salem, give us a call today for a free estimate. We have installed cedar shake roofs all across the Willamette Valley and have great references available upon request. Call us at (503) 585-2338 for your free roofing estimate.